The Big Star Lake Association was one of the very first associations in Michigan with it’s own web page. Back in 1995 the first pages launched and we continue to add and improve!
2012 Looks to be another great year with lots of wonderful events. Here is the 2012 Calendar:
- April 1 and November 15: Due date for newsletter articles, pictures, free classified ads for members and paid business ads for your business.
- March 15 – Pay your dues before this date to avoid missing the Spring/Summer newsletter.
- June 2/3 and September 8/9: Adopt-A-Road Clean-up. Contact board member Dick Hayes for addi-tional information.
- June 16 & July 14: Boater Safety Course at Township Pavilion 9a.m.-2 p.m. Registration form available online. Contact board member Bernie Woltjer for additional information.
- June 30: Annual membership meeting at 10 a.m. at the Big Star Lake Chapel. Contact any board member for details.
- June 30: Boat Parade and registration at 7:30 p.m. on the shores of the Camp. Theme will be an-nounced in the spring newsletter. Contact Lisa Tilma for additional information.
- June 30: Fireworks commence at night fall. Memorial shell opportunity available to our membership. Contact Bob Mateja.
- July 7: Big Star Lake Association Golf Outing at Marquette Trails with a flighted 8 a.m. shotgun start. Registration form online. Contact board member Wanda Michmerhuizen for additional information.
- August TBD: Big Star Lake Association Ski Show. Best viewing from shoreline at the Oddfellow Camp. Contact Kris Zienstra if you wish to assist in underwriting the expense of this event.
- September 1: Road Run (Saturday of Labor Day Weekend) Registration form available on line. Contact board member Doug VanDam for additional information.
- All Summer: Fishing Contest (Bass Opener–October) Entry form available online. Contact board mem-ber Bob Bromley for additional information and to submit your photos.
How to use the site:
- Association members can request access to the members only section of the website — there you will find the latest newsletter as well as archived copies of newsletters and other information for our members
- on-line payments for association dues and association events like the road run and golf outing are permitted
- up-to-date information — our new format allows more than one person to make updates so we should stay current