Big Star Lake Association
Welcome to the Big Star Lake Association site. We hope the information here will be useful and look forward to your input and additions. Welcome to the next exciting stage in the evolution of our new website. The new website also has exactly the same content as our old site, but just moved around some of the content locations.
The new site will work fine in all main browsers but we recommend the following:
For Windows : IE6 / IE7 / Safari / Firefox2.
For Macs: Safari / Firefox 2.
For Linux: Firefox 2.
We suggest a minimum screen resolution of 1024×768 pixels.
We hope you’ll notice some big improvements straight away and the site should be self-explanatory. We hope you enjoy the use and look of it as much as we had fun re-designing it.
Attention Big Star Lake Members…Today Big Star Lake will be teated for Milfoil. The notice for this should have already been sent to the cottages. As an FYI(for your information) swiming inthe lake should be restricted for 24 hours starting today. Lawn watering should also be avoided for at least 1 week. This is per the advice, at my request, of the Restorative Lake Sciences.
President, Larry Treece Sr.
Big Star Lake Evening Light Parade is scheduled for:
July 1st, 2016
It will be commencing on Minising Point and touring West.
Greetings to all Members of the Big Star Lake Association. I wanted to update you on a few important items going on around the Lake including:
- Please remember our Annual Meeting July 2, 2016 at 10:00 am at the Big Star Chapel . We have plenty of new information to share so count on at least 90 minutes. Fireworks at Dusk same date.
- NEW MEMBER COFFEE AND DONUTS: July 2 starts at 8:30 am. Contact Bob Tiggleman at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We want to meet and encourage you to invite a new member to the BSLA.
- Recycle Update: scheduled for Saturday June 11, July 9, and August 13 at 8:00 am-12:00 pm at the Fire Barn. Please contact Jean Oosterheert at: email@example.com for more information.
- UPDATE on drain. The drain is closed due to temperature regulation restrictions. The drain is in very poor shape and must be replaced. There is a plan to replace the drain. I will have more information at the annual meeting. Mr. Steve Leonard, from the Lake County Road Commission will be with us to explain the details. I expect that our annual assessment will go up to replace the drain structure.
- Walleye plant: I talked with Mark Tonello from the DNR and the Mason County Walleye Association. We should plan on a walleye plant every other year if the hatch is good. He has not completed the study from last year as of this date. Overall the DNR has been very pleased with the result of the plantings over the years. Mark encourages walleye fishing and is happy to see and receive reports and photos. Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org. He also adds: (1) obey the limit laws of 5 per day; (2) keep in mind good reason and conservation when it comes to how many fish you can take and eat [A lake our size may have up to 1800 adult walleye]; (3) have fun – fishing is a good sport, but do the math on what might hurt a population of fish.
- Our Annual Golf Outing is July 9, 2016 at 9:00 am Marquette Trails. Contact Dick Hayes: email@example.com for more information.
Larry Treece – BSLA President
Greetings to all BSLA Members…a short update on the drain. The drain is open and running, but is in poor shape as the pipes have eroded under the road and in other places. The Road Commission is working with an architectural firm on a new design and replacement for this structure which has been in use since 1987. We expect to have more information shortly and will update BSLA members at that time. As always Lake levels continue to go thru a normal cycle and we are doing our best to monitor the Road Commission to insure they comply with the court order. See you at the annual meeting on July 2 at 10am. We are near completion of a mailing list review and will send out the BSLA Newsletter soon.
Larry Treece, President BSLA
The dates Iisted for Big Star Lake Recycling are:
June 11, 2016 – 8:00-Noon
July 9, 2016 – 8:00-Noon
August 13, 2016 – 8:00-Noon
Sincerely, Larry Treece | BSLA President
-April 5th, 2016-
Who has the next best picture for the website? Send over a spring picture to the webmaster so he can update the front page. Please send picture to firstname.lastname@example.org